DR P SHANMUGA SUNDARAM
Head & Clinical Professor
Department of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
1. MBBS – 1989 –Madurai Medical College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu. India
2. DRM - Diploma in Radiation Medicine 1995, Bhaba Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Mumbai, India
3. DNB - Diplomate of National board New Delhi India (Nuclear medicine) 1997
4. MNAMS – Awarded Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences New Delhi India 1997
5. FANMB – Awarded Fellow of Asian Nuclear Medicine board 2015
6. EACV1 – Got European Association of CardioVascular Imaging & Nuclear cardiology certification 2019 Presently:
· Working as Head & Professor of Dept. of Nuclear medicine & Molecular Imaging, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, a tertiary care university hospital Cochin since Jan 2000. Experience: 27 yrs
· Running Post graduate nuclear medicine courses (DNB, MD) since 2006.
· First university hospital in India to have PET MRI (2018) services.
1. Nuclear cardiology fellowship in UCLA, LA, USA, 2002
2. Hybrid imaging fellowship in Katherine Hospital, Stuttgart, Germany 2004.
3. PET CT imaging & Theranostics fellowship in Peter MacCallum cancer centre, Melbourne, Australia 2010
4. PET MRI fellowship at Mayo Clinic Rochester US Dec 2017
· Recipient of young investigator award from Indo American society of Nuclear medicine IASNM in 2002 in Los Angeles, USA,
· Multiple Travel grant awards from: ARCCNM, IAEA, WFNMB.
· Publications (in national & international): Total 147
· Editorial board member of Indian Journal of Nuclear medicine
· Past President (2015-17) of Association of Nuclear medicine physicians of India, ANMPI